Pages

2.06.2010

So, yesterday

Yesterday was sort of a lost day. I began it at home; Jean had come to spend the night Thursday so we could leave from here and head to East lansing and collect Barbazon early in the afternoon. A couple of stops later we were sitting in the Harrison Roadhouse having a sandwich and enjoying the vanity licence plates that line the beams along the ceiling. OK, I was enjoying the ambience part - I love vanity plates! Sometimes those plates are pretty darned clever.

Thank you, girls, for including me.

Anywho, we headed east for home about 7pm - they dropped me off and we visited a while (even Brian), then they left for Clio around 10pm or so. It was fun, to say the least, but now I need to collect myself and get busy accomplishing something before my return to Gram's in the coming week.

The last few days I have tried to get the boys on the same page so that I could have the tub clean and dry in order to recaulk the darned thing. Every time I get the tub dry and residue free, one of them decides he needs to take that inexplicable shower, just as I ready myself to strip off the old caulking - argh! Today is the day!

And another thing...

I have contacted the "Rollin' On" people a number of times about what was happening with their decision-making following the November interviews for crew call, and always got one excuse or another. It turns out they have been stalling the process (for whatever reason) just so they can glorify it by sending out blah blah blah announcements about their updated web site, and/or their need to have us fill them in AGAIN on exactly the same things they asked Qs and got As on during the TAPED interview! If you ask me, I think they are looking for a crafty way to edit homestyle video to the interview footage they shot, in order to make it their trailer look cutting edge and chic and well thought out - in advance [sgnort!] - and as though that was their plan all along. They won't have to hire any of us just to make their goals. We do all of their work for them and give them film they are too lazy to shoot themselves, too full of their own arrogance to admit that they need, and are too cheap to pay for - all to glorify themselves in the end.

How badly do I want this job?

And I will never get any credit for my own work. I understand the nature of this particular beast all too well, but I wish they would be a little more forthcoming and say something the least bit encouraging instead of running around every damn bush and leading folks on.

So, I have a fast decision to make - do I follow their request with a video interview of my own, or do I call and question why they are asking for this? Are they asking ALL the applicants of that November day, or just those whom they are interested in hiring? By not simply complying, am I knocking myself out of contention, or making their lives easier (and their 'product' juicier)? Should I submit what they're asking for without question and expect nothing to come of it, or should I submit and tell them they cannot use it on their web site? Too many ways to mess this up....or maybe not.

No comments: