Pages

2.02.2010

February, already

It's been snowing all day - since sun-up - and our mid-morning visitors said it was slick. The snow that began the day's accumulation was that stinging, icey, wet sort. You have to really look to see it. You know, the type that can create black ice situations on the roadways...so I was very happy to not have anywhere to go any time soon today.

In fact, nowhere, and that was the perfect destination.

I took stew meat out of the freezer to use for dinner and got to work on the foundling dishes that didn't get done while I was away. Made Karl wrangle the garbage out to the garage, and then the mountain of bottles and cans out to Brian's car - there was no way Bud was going to avoid getting those things returned to the store any longer.

It was a very lazy sort of day, but I got some cleaning done, and that was cool. Tomorrow I will attack that bathtub caulking job bright and early, then give myself permission to quilt for a while. I am trying to squeeze overdue, needful chores into the short decompression time between stints in Livonia - and I am losing track of time and appointments in the meanwhile. Not good.

Brian has just left to return the returnables, but mostly because he was becoming stir crazy and needed to get out of the house for a while. I wish he would do that sort of thing earlier, during daylight hours.

There I go thinking like a mom, again.

I had my first OBGYN appointment in more than 3 years (I think it was more like 4+) yesterday. Man! Guess what I didn't miss.

I adore my doctor, she is without par as far as I am concerned, and she is always so genuine and caring - but she always makes me cry! Barbara Walters, watch out!

She gave me some samples for my OAB, and told me to get my weight back under control now that Harvey is a non-issue any longer. My BP was too high (for the first time in my life), but it will be better once I can apply myself to more strenuous exercising and weight loss. My waistline is a concern and the little red spot under my right eye has her bothered. She suggested I try to find a doctor to look it over and biopsy it, thinking it could be cancerous.

Truthfully, I have been wondering about it for 2 years or so myself, but hearing the words said aloud by your physician really makes your brain reel and your heart race. So, to a dermatologist or an oncologist I must soon journey.

Brian has been waiting for a response from the comic book folks in Detroit - the bunch he interviewed with over two weeks ago. He sent them his rough of a scene they emailed him to work from and illustrate, and a character impression for one of the characters (they had exacting ideas of how this girl should appear) well within the prescribed deadline they imposed, but have since dragged their feet in giving him a thumb's up or thumb's down about whether he is hired or not. I feel badly for him, it is tough not getting word after having jumped through hoops and met somebody's deadlines to simply never hear from them again.

My fear is that he caught the look of the girl they wanted, but that they will have one of their already existing illustrators use his character drawing to go forward with. Wouldn't surprise me, but how do you stop them? And, there is no further word from his former manager about his plans to open another glow in the dark golf space in the mall. The idea was that Brian would be there to work with Leon when the month was over, or early in February. I was hoping those plans wouldn't fall through, but it isn't looking any more hopeful than the comic book gig.

Ah well.

The soup is smelling delicious, and I still need to mix up some dumpling batter, so I will end this for the time being.

Until next time, be well, be safe, be good.

No comments: