Pages

5.02.2010

Rainy day number 2

Woke up to the sound of rain this morning, not once - but twice. My understanding of last night's forecast was that the rain would come in overnight and be gone and out of the area by mid-morning to early afternoon. Early!

Feh! Feh and fooey on those ragamuffin weather dorks!

Well, I waited, and I found things to do inside. I even worked on one of my woeful leftover quilts - one that was begun long ago but left in the dust of the move (ten years ago) and while I came up with other projects. It is now much closer to being completely quilted and in need of binding, so I will search through my stash to find something I have a yard of...or will I?

At any rate, I grew weary of waiting for the weather to cooperate, and began chomping at the bit. Finally the clouds ceased their leaking and I prepared to go out back on the patio and hang the load of laundry I had done the night before - in anticipation of being able to hang it out on the line! However, as soon as I stepped outside, the rain began to spatter again, and dark clouds moved in as if by magic. Doggone it!

And yes, the raindrops preceded the clouds - I don't know how it happened, but there it was.

At that point I just figured to start working on the garage instead, and shanghaied Brian into assisting me with the whole process, while sneezy Karl washed dishes and cleaned the bathroom.

We did get a fair amount of stuff cleaned out of the nooks and crannies at the front of the garage; consolidated, stacked in a more orderly sort of chaos and with some thought as to what should be in front of whatever else for ease in accessing anything (should access to anything ever become necessary). There is still a long way to go, but a lot of the mess is now in hand, and things are either tagged for yard sale destiny or well out of the way.

We even acquired floor space by the end of the upheaval! Once the garbage goes to the curb this week, there will be a decided change to the look and room available in the garage. Brian was excited to find we had created a whole other path from the kitchen door to the front of the garage - and I am glad there is progress without much pain.

If the half wall for the island is ever built in the kitchen, and I can actually un-crate my new range and get it into the house, that will really open up a lot of room! Hey, we might actually get to park in the garage again, too!

What a concept! LOL

Until then, I will simply keep chipping away at the catastrophy that has become my garage. Someday, when we've got sunny May days to count on, we will have a yard sale and rid ourselves of some of the items we no longer need, and put a little coinage in our pockets in the process.

No comments: