Pages

5.11.2010

Yes, another rainy day

Today is drenched - already. When I first opened my eyes it was then I also heard the patter of light rain on the windows. But as I lay in bed, lolling about, I realized the greyness of the light was not going to end any time soon. It was, in fact, going to be another rainy day. Not only that, but the volume of rain has increased by leaps and bounds, and it is now a steady, heavy, plodding rain. Not a downpour, but a definite soaker.

Yesterday was sunny, for the most part; not warm, but not cold, and I was able to put the seedlings outside for the better part of the day to take advantage of it all. I kept busy looking for jobs (only two resumes sent out - pickings are slim) and cleaning out the garage. It really is a cool feeling to be able to step out into a space and see progress, and I have a hard time stopping work out there to do something else! I now wish that I had spent time weeding!!

Mom was here from Saturday afternoon to early Sunday morning, but she didn't comment on the changes. That was sort of depressing, but it was still nice to visit with her for that time. We made dinner - she helped with the salad, cutting the remainder of the red pepper and mushrooms into small sizes, like I do (I think it drove her nuts, but she liked the results), and some of the mound of mushrooms were mixed into the Jasmine rice we had with the talapia.

Mom got out ketchup (argh!) to put on her fish, but she ended up not using it. When I asked her why she would put ketchup on fish she told me it was to cover up the flavor. She doesn't like the taste of fish! What!! Even Karl admonished her. He is becoming more of a gourmond all the time. He told her, "Grandma, you can only put ketchup on fishsticks, but then only if you do not have tartar sauce."

Funny kid.

Anyhow, it was a pleasant meal, and mom was surprised it was good. At least that was what she kept saying...it may not have been her cup of tea, but she did take more (white sticky) rice, even though she commented that it should be brown rice as there are no nutrients in white rice whatsoever. So, I feel a mark should be made in the "win" column.

I was very happy to show her the baby quilt for the newest Schaffer baby. As I haven't had a chance to get it to them, it is still here, waiting to go 'home.' She liked it, and thought it would not be given the thanks it was worth. Guess we will find out.

Well, the time has come for me to get back to work on the job seeking; I like to try and search, send out letters and resumes, etc., at least three hours a day. Lately, I also spend a lot of time looking for a car to buy. Can't really have job if you don't have wheels to get there. More news on all of that another time.

Thanks for looking in.

No comments: