Pages

10.07.2010

A little mental free-association

I had high hopes for getting the sanding and priming done in the kitchen, leading right away to the painting portion. So desperately do I want to finish this task, that I contemplated not giving too big a rat's behind about the final condition of the drywall before priming and painting.

That is to say, I was thinking about doing a pretty half-ass job so that I could get the whole thing done and over with in order to call back the carpenter (j-u-s-t that much faster).

As I was sanding and mudding more spots on the cold wall in the kitchen, my mind strangely, quietly, inexplicably turned to thoughts of the Duke. That's right, John Wayne took over my psyche.

Why?

I do not know why...but John Wayne - American icon, western movie hero and cowboy extraordinaire - sat tall in the saddle of my thoughts as I sanded and vacuumed and spackled.

Then....somehow, I began to think of Jackie Chan's character's name in Shanghai Noon: Chon Wang.

That put me in the mood for Chinese food, and then there I was! Standing on a step stool, hawk full of mud compound, dusty face turned toward the angle where the ceiling meets the wall, and my stomach grumbled.

I need to stop thinking so much. :)

PS - don't forget, all quilting photos & blog entries now at www.truenorthquilter.blogspot.com

No comments: