Pages

10.12.2010

An update: waiting to exhale

So I managed to accomplish 3.5 of the things on my list. That's right, three and one half. One of the most important was getting the counter tops for the island, and now I can tick it off.

My sweet little car is sitting out in the parking lot, laden down with pounds and pounds of beech butcher block counter top. I am glad I have it in my car - glad to be taking it home, because now I am that much closer to having the kitchen done - but I am terrified about the effects of that weight on the interior of my car.

The longest counter is as long as the open space from the tail gait to the dash/windscreen, and there is no good place to lay that weight on the dash (let's face it, dashboards are not created to bear that much wait for a prolonged period of time - at least my Scion's wasn't). I guess I will see tomorrow if there is any permanent damage.

Holding my breath.

No comments: