Pages

10.17.2010

Some progress...some not so progressive

I just keep finding more things that need filling!!! Somebody stop me!

I want to bake brownies!

I so want to pop muffins in the oven one morning and broil some ribs. I have a huge hankerin' to make a meatloaf and garlic spuds for dinner....but I can't (at least not that meatloaf part).

No oven.

No money to pay the carpenter to return and finish the job, either. This was not the way this year was supposed to go. NOT THE WAY! Once again, I sanded spots this morning that I mudded after finding them while sanding for the last final sanding - before priming - before painting...yadda yadda.

In other words, I haven't primed, so the paint isn't done yet, either.

This is the back stoop, it leads to the garage.

I ended up mudding more really crappy areas uncovered while sanding, and the dumbass perfectionist in me went to work correcting the flaws. Why didn't I just go outside and rake leaves? I dunno.

I dunno.

On another note, I do know we are having Pumpkin Soup tonight for dinner, mostly because last night we had spaghetti, and I wanted something easy enough to make in one pot on the stove, just so I can keep on moving with my cleaning and puttering while I wait for the mud to dry.

Honestly, it wasn't a completely lost day - I reorganized a few of the kitchen cupboards (dry goods, canned goods, etc), and put away a bunch of food that was dislocated when the rehab to the floor and cooking space began. Felt good to be putting away things that simply looked messy (things that outsiders wouldn't realize were the result of remodeling aftermath - and 'during-math').

I reclaimed a fair portion of the dining room table today, too; threw out some stuff, filed important papers, opened mail (don't judge me...it's been a crap few months).

Read an old paper. Almost read today's paper.

Vacuumed.

Sorted through some junk, and made mental notes on how to rearrange the lower level to make better use of the space (and allow me to get to the walls to bleach them down and prime them as well).

Yup, it may not have been the best way to spend the beautiful day, but it was all good - just not the progressive day it was meant to have been. Tomorrow will be another chance to make good on my goal for the walls - I just need to put blinders on to make that darned perfectionist side stay focused and on task.

Either that or I blind the wench!

No comments: