Pages

10.09.2009

Obfuscation

I guess I am not really obscuring much, not so much as I am currently avoiding most things...at any rate.

Like right now, as an example. At present I would tell you I am doing dishes.

At three in the afternoon? you may query.

Well, yes. This is when I am choosing to curtail other activities in order to stand at the kitchen sink and immerse my mitts in extremely warm soapy water and eliminate the small accumulation of dirty utensils, pans, plates, bowls and the like. What's the matter with doing it in the middle of the day? I would ask you. It's not as though I have anything else more pressing to tend to on this dreary, WET afternoon anyway. I have nowhere to go, and little chance of getting there (wherever it may have been) anyhow...without transportation.

[rasperries to you]

You could have concentrated more on the fact that I am not really doing dishes at this very moment, rather, I am furiously avoiding doing them as well by sitting here on the computer and filling in my own blanks.

But, by the time you figure out what it is I have been trying to point out, I will have already returned to the kitchen and finished the dishes and moved on to another mundane chore.

Have I clouded the issue enough. Have I obscured rational thinking for you for the moment?

You're welcome.

No comments: