Pages

10.14.2009

Oh, my gosh!

Are you kidding? If it isn't one thing, it's DEFINITELY another.

Ten o'clock at night and we just determined that the furnace is on the fritz. Brian said he felt chilly all day, but the furnace was working when Karl and I left home for Detroit, so it had to have conked out well into the afternoon hours. When I checked it out about 20 minutes ago, I followed the label on the side of the furnace to restart it, without success. So we are doing the popcycle thing tonight. Fortunately, the indoor temperature is at 67*F presently (it could be worse), and it shouldn't be too cold tonight [insert laughter here]. The boys can sleep in my bed, next to the fireplace, and I can sleep on the sofa right around the corner (it is warmer in the lower level). The fireplace will keep us warm enough for the night, and the repair dude can remedy the situation in the light of day.

What's that you are asking? Oh, yeah, the appointment in Detroit was at the St. John Medical Center's dental offices. We met with an oral surgeon for the initial consult and to get xrays done. God blessed us with this appt, I am certain, and the cost was a mere $60!! What a relief when everywhere I called for a week yielded hugely expensive charges and rates!!! $60 may seem like a lot of money, but the alternatives were staggeringly high! Without insurance, the price of living is too pricey, and without work, insurance is nothing but a dream.

Karl's right two wisdom teeth are due for extraction the afternoon of November 5th, and my mom wants me to have them extract the other two as well. "...as long as he is going to be 'out', why not?" she asked.

I am not in love with that line of thinking to say the least, and I don't want to be bullied into that decision. Plus, it's Karl's mouth after all...

Anyway, the deed is half done, and in a few short weeks, we will be able to take care of some monster problems in K's mouth.

More later, but 'til then be well and warm and thankful for all you have.

No comments: