Pages

10.16.2009

Odysseys abound

There is an expression, "camping in your own backyard", but doggone it! We are not in the yard!

I like to wander and experience adventure as much as the next person, but I do not believe you should have the camping experience in your home!

The furnace repair person has a four hour window to get here, but that four hour window doesn't start for another 2.5 hours! Thankfully, we are now in the daylight hours so the temps will begin to climb soon. Also, it could have been much worse weather-wise, making being here much more miserable in turn. So, I am thankful for that, too.

I went to East Lansing late yesterday afternoon, with Jean, to see Barb practicing with the marching band - prepping for the MSU homecoming game. It was very cool to watch all of those crazy students high-stepping it and performing their choreographed routines in bone-chilling weather. I had the video camera with and got some neat shots, as well as another pass at the Faygo song, as performed by the Hooahs (most of them, anyway). Now I simply need to edit together the entry for the contest. I'll keep you posted.

Lastly...the quilt is progressing slowly, but here is another shot of what has been achieved, to date. As you can see, I stitched the blocks together into rows, and then assembled a couple of rows together just so I can feel a little more progress over the entire thing. Seeing the rows built gives you a bigger feeling of accomplishment. Yesterday, I spent no time at all on the thing (nor did I work on it the day Karl went to Detroit), so I guess I can feel a little less guilty about working on it today for a while, eh? Not much of an adventure, admittedly, but I will take my little odysseys where I can get them.

No comments: