Pages

10.12.2009

Open windows

Today is another Monday, dark and chilly, and filled to the brim on my calendar.

With several chores needing looking after, I will be out the door soon and on the road the balance of the day.

I need to meet the tow truck up at the repair shop to have my trusty Mazda hauled away to a scrap yard, for which I will receive next to nothing $-wise. From there, I will head to the dentist's office to retrieve a referral and a prescription for Karl's wisdom tooth troubles.

Upon returning home (following getting the prescription filled), I will pop dinner into the oven and prepare to head to the UM-Dearborn campus to meet up with Therese and John (among others) to get acquainted with the new digs for this season's round of taping Bible Quiz Time. This is the sound job I have held for the last couple of years, starting off as an intern during the first season, and becoming a paying job last year. The drive is a little much, especially during the southbound morning rush traffic. There is no good way to get to Dearborn from here - no quick way, anyhow - and after an hour+ in the car, I am ready to scream once I arrive. But I have been asked to return year after year, and have received lovely compliments for my work and attitude and ways of dealing with the children participating in the taping. So, that can't be a bad thing, right?

New digs, new equipment, new places to park and familiarize myself with.

Perhaps this open window will lead to another open door.

I pray it will be so.

No comments: