Pages

12.28.2011

Lists

Things I Need:

New fridge (old one is laboring and the seals are shot)

New dryer (old one sounds like a trash compacter running inside a cement mixer)

The new stove to be hooked up and working (requires wiring to be completed)

Things I Want:

The staircase finished

The kitchen finished

All the wiring to be completed, drywall done and to be able to paint (and put things away - I guess this should actually go under "needful things")

The lower level bathroom to be an actual bathroom (instead of a concrete sub-floor and plumbing pipes sticking out everywhere)

Air conditioning (and a dehumidifier for winter)

A new, energy-efficient furnace

Chinking on the house to be done (top to bottom and side to side)

Under both of those lists would go "job", but that really isn't a "thing" so much as a necessity (however, I do NEED and WANT one very badly). And for some reason, it also didn't feel like anything I should add to this sort of list. But, then again, there is an awful need for me to compile this next list, which also really doesn't fit in with the first two.

Things To Be Thankful For:

My family - my sons and my mom

My mom

Good friends (you are most certainly a blessing)

This house (which I still have because of my mother's love and sacrifice)

A working car (also due to my mom)

Fairly good health

Both of my sons' good health, working bodies, beautiful minds, abilities and possibilities

Food for the table

Power and heat

Extended family (I love you all)

A bright and working brain

The talents I have been blessed with

The future my Lord has been making ready for me

A country like America to live in (as messed up as it is)

Desires and dreams which keep me going every day

The chances I have taken and the opportunities I have been afforded

What I have learned about myself over these last 4.5 years

Can't tell you how glad (and thankful) that I am to see that my "thankful list" far exceeds my other two. Ooo!!! Add that to the list!

No comments: