Pages

12.29.2011

Still snowing

It's snowed all day - ALL day - with maybe a 20 minute reprieve while 'they' reloaded the snow canon early in the afternoon.

I have no idea what the accumulation is, nor do I know how much may have melted away, since the temps were j-u-s-t warm enough to allow for a little dripping from the leaf-filled gutters. (Don't get me started, and do not lecture me, either...thank you.)

I do know our normally too-fast drivers on the street were moving a bit slower today (HA!), so that tells me it might be a bit slick and/or a tad harder to plow through with ease (if you're a jerk behind the wheel of a car).

I spent the day indoors looking for work, cutting out stencils for the quilt - the last of the VERY LARGE stencils - and transferring the lines to the top for stitching (oh, and quilting). Both Cleo and flop required quite a bit of one-on-one time today, each begging for my attention....and winning it. Took me away from working on projects and needful things, but once they settled in for their naps I was off and flying with the top stitching. Still have a very long way to go before I am finished, but it is moving along. I am in a groove now, and making great progress, it is just slow going.

I know, I know. I hear you out there.

"How can you be making 'great progress' if it's so 'slow going'?" Well, I wish I could show you so that you could completely understand, but you are just going to have to take my word for it.

Visited with Gram S yesterday, taking along the quilt to show her what sort of progress has been made since the first time she had laid eyes on it, and she was surprised to see the entire thing stitched together. She commented on the alarming number of safety pins employed to baste it together - oddly enough.

I don't think she was anticipating such a large quilt or the colors - or completeness of it. But, I think she enjoyed looking at it even if it didn't make much sense to her.

I am in the throes of finishing another of the largest motifs and should be able to start yet another before quitting for the night, but I'm thinking of biting into another aspect of the quilting design for a change, just to switch things up.

We'll see.

Until another time, I hope you are managing to stay warm and well and happy, and that your holiday season is still bright and shiny.

No comments: