Pages

1.04.2013

Activities

I spent a portion of the morning (into the early afternoon) working on the lower level.  Cleaning, pitching, moving, cleaning, vacuuming, reconfiguring.  There was a good deal of wondering, wishing, and tweaking going on, too, but none of that needs going in to at present.

I took advantage of Brian's presence to move the bulky/heavy walnut architect's desk.  He and Karl handily separated the two pieces and moved them about until I was satisfied, then set the pieces back together again.  In the heartbeat that followed me saying "thanks, that's great!" they were gone!  Just like real men, they left me on my own to keep working away on the bits and pieces.

To be fair, Bud did have something he was looking forward to doing, and that meant he needed to pack and get ready to walk out the door; but he promised two days ago that he would help out all morning before he had to leave.  I was only helping him stick to his promise.  ;)

There'll be a time in the near future where I will call on them once more to help move the 6'x6' Ikea storage wall, but I'm good for now.  The havoc this morning's maneuvering alone will cause the cats is enough to contend with (for the time being).  The sheer thrill of just getting it accomplished (even in snitches and snatches) is enough for me!

Baby steps.

For now, I'm taking the rest of the day to ready myself 100% for tomorrow's sewing class.  No last minute regrets or panic searches.  Just want to be able to walk out the door content and relaxed.

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: