Pages

1.07.2013

Progress

Have been spending a good deal of time and energy lately (both mental and physical) on rearranging the lower level.  It's been a long project, but is becoming well worth all of the hassle.

The ultimate goal was to free up more space for my sewing area; allowing me a larger table to work on and the floor space to move freely around it all. [squeal of delight]
Although....perhaps the ultimate 'ultimate goal' was just to be able to return ALL the material that had migrated upstairs over the past several years back to the correct storage area, and to eliminate the chaos of it all up here.

Hmmm.

In either case, it's happening! 

Over the weekend Karl and I managed to move the bulky divided storage wall-unit-thingy to it's new location (and a couple of upholstered items around), and then I got to work re-placing the massive stash back in order on the shelves - PLUS the migrated material stuffs - and it's looking promising.  Plans now are to bring the table into the mix some time this week!!  Once that happens, I will be back in business in my sewing nook - something that hasn't happened in over three+ years!!!!

Yes, that last sentence required all of those exclamation points.  This is a 'wahoo' moment, and it's been a LONG time coming - so celebrate with me!

For me, everything else has been on hold as I work my magic on the lower level (except Karl's class and looking for work).  I am eager to begin making changes in other areas of the house, but this has been the most necessary and longest in the works. IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL THING TO HAVE IT ALL FINISHED.

Let me know what you've been up to.

Maria: this means now I feel better about asking you inside my hovel. ;)

No comments: