Pages

1.02.2013

Well, it's dark again.  Sun's down and the night grows darker and colder.  And before you ask, today was a bit better than yesterday, so no complaints on my end.

I've been in the kitchen for the last hour or so chopping and saute'-ing; rinsing and pre-cooking; washing up dishes and pans and humming along with Christmas music quietly playing in the background.

Yes....I play Christmas music for quite a while past the holiday season, simply because I can't play it much throughout the correct time period as Brian hears more than his fill at work - starting in late October!  So I take pity and wait as long as I can to start my jolly music around the house.  And, I usually wait until he is away from home, too.

Karl doesn't seem to mind, and except for periodic forays out of his room, he rarely hears it anyhow. 

Making a pot of bean soup, with a liberal dose of garlic.  It's based on a recipe I came across online, so I hope it meets with happy faces after all is said and done.  We'll see.

Got a little caught up on the Black Widow today; spending time making more adjustments to the blocks of the Greek border here and there.  So it's coming together slowly but surely.  Also spent a little time re-reading the 'syllabus' for the class I will be teaching this Saturday.

Yes, I have a pseudo-job as a contracted instructor for JAF.  Beginning sewing....with a class of two....who paid half price for their class....and contractors are paid 60% of the fee collected - IF the students show up.  I'll spare you the rest of my disappointment with the way JAF runs this program, as it has to do with instructors having to buy all the supplies OUT OF POCKET for each item demonstrated - with no reimbursement!

Ah, well.  Right? 

This is just me looking that 'gift hourse' right in its mouth!  Right??

I guess I've got to start somewhere if the job market has a decidely unkind view of women my age trying to muscle their way back in after several years of uncommon (and temporary) employment in jobs that aren't quite 'mainstream'.

I have been gathering up items to demonstrate during the class.  JAF's sketchy list of things to talk about and demo for "Sewing 101" leaves a few holes to fill, but I am up to the task!  So let the games begin.  ;)

OK, time to step away from this keyboard and get back to work around here.  Have a nice evening, and stay safe and warm over the next few days - it's getting bitter out there.

No comments: