Pages

4.06.2011

All together now

Is it just me, or does this happen to anybody else?

Of course, that was a fairly rhetorical question on my part, since I know this happens to a lot of people...much of the time. Especially to those folks with a life (and a job).

You go for weeks at a time with nothing to. No plans, no activities. Nothing penciled in on your calendar and then..............................whammo!

You get offers from folks to go somewhere, do something.

That meeting with a colleague to discuss that thing coming up in a few weeks (the meeting that was supposed to happen weeks before and you've just been waiting for them to call. And waiting, and waiting - yeah, THAT meeting).

A chance to visit with your mom for a bit while she is in town.

You find a neat activity or lecture or community thing to attend -- and it all happens on the same day.

What is that? No, I mean really...what is that?

So, anyway, that's happening to me this week. This Friday, in fact.

Actually, the whole of the weekend (but mostly Friday), and I am trying to sort it all out to make the gasoline go as far as it will, and to be able to accomplish as much as is possible in fewer trips south of here (and north of here). Between that and trying to make time stand still to fit it all in, well....

[laughing hysterically] I just need one more Friday this week.

All together now. [more hysterical laughter]

2 comments:

Rie said...

Beth...summer is coming, there will be lots of things to do!!!not to worry. Go and enjoy yourself. The days are getting warmer and gas will go down. I promise I understand. Life has a funny way of throwing things on the pile. Especially when you think it's ok to make plans. Have fun!!! See you next time!
Maria.

FunnyLadyInRed said...

Hey, hey, hey. You are not getting out of spending time with me that easily, Maria! ;) We are still going, but I am afraid it will have to be after the freaking meeting.

I'll let you know when I am on my way!