Pages

4.26.2011

Table read last night

Last night was a little chaotic, but eventually it settled into a table read - without the table. Go figure.

I was emailed an updated version of the week's preproduction schedule, and my understanding was to be ready and at the prod house by six o'clock. I arrived at five minutes to six, surprised to find not one car (or person) at the location. Forty minutes later I was still awaiting the arrival of at least some of the production crew. Ah, film work.

The production office is a house in RH, while our one set location is in another direction - but amazingly close; and, fortunately for me, both of those locations is a blessed handful of miles from home. With gas at a little over four dollars per gallon, this is no small miracle.

The read was a spot-on one hour and thirty minutes, but if you account for the giggling and Tom-foolery during the process, I can see where (after adding in the SPFX, action action around the dialogue, additional camera stuff, blah, blah, yadda, yadda) it could be about an hour and thirty minutes....cut and credited. Respectable. Not too long and not too short. Plus, it feels like it will be fun.

The next date I need to be on set is on my birthday! for a location/tech walk-through, and then a department meeting the following day. So, all in all, not too bad. We have been told the blue script is already on the way (which technically, this new white locked script IS the blue script...but, whatever), so there will be a whole lot of tweaking to do. Hopefully, the DOOD (Day Out Of Days) will be in my hand before too much longer.

A DOOD is the scheduling portion of the script (it used to be called "strips" by older Hollywood filmmakers - and I will explain that another time), so you know what scenes will be shot on which day, and the location, etc. Gives everyone the same 'head's up' about the process, so everyone is on the same page all at once.

A lot of work and planning goes on during the prepro of a project.

I met the director and a goodly portion of my behind the camera crew, and hit it off with the AD team and some of the office staff, so I guess we are off and running!

And then, this morning I was over the moon to find a re-edited trailer online for the film I worked on Nov/December. It looks great - and the film is due out (direct to DVD) July 19!

It just feels great to be working...so I am wearing a smile on my face - how about you?

Don't forget, all quilting-related blog entries & photos are now at: www.truenorthquilter.blogspot.com/

No comments: