Pages

7.22.2011

Another phone interview

Had a phone interview with yet another contracting firm today. The call was supposed to happen yesterday after lunch, but never did.

I sent a polite "sorry I missed your call" email to the gentleman who was supposed to have called, telling him I was going grocery shopping this morning before the heat became ferocious, and that I would be available for the remainder of the afternoon. He responded shortly thereafter with "I will call you at 11."

This does not bode well for this particular agency. He does not read for content, and he does not follow through unless prompted.

Somewhere around 11:30 - as I am half of the way through the supermarket - he phoned, and I had my prelim interview. His capabilities are even more in question now as he then asked me to send him my resume when I got home. I pointed out that my resume had been sent as an attachment (with my introductory cover letter days before), and had ridden along on all subsequent emails and responses.

I ask you, should I expect much from this outfit?

No comments: