Pages

7.28.2011

Thanks again, for the rain, Mom!

I went outside to put out the trash and ended up 'round back pulling weeds and trying to right my topsy-turvy hibiscus. 

The amount of rain, or the rate at which it fell (ALL NIGHT LONG), seems to have messed with half of the plant's equalibrium.  At first, I thought if I shook off the excess water from the flopping branches it would be (pardon the expression) right as rain, but that didn't do the trick.  I am going to have to locate my twine and bundle it to the more rigid limbs for the next day or two and see if the bowing branches don't rejoin the pack.

It's understandable that the snowball-mounded hydrangea should have that problem, it's weighted down enough to begin with. There's a wonderous proliferation of flowerheads this year (and it is sorely drooping in all directions from the center because of the added weight of the rain).

That is another thing to have to deal with before the day is over (trimming out the dead wood and clipping off the older flowerheads - even though they are not spent or brown). For now I am content knowing I will not have to worry over the grass (which I usually don't, except when it needs mowing) or have to water the flowerbed today.

Thanks, Mom!

1 comment:

Rie said...

Happy Birthday to your MoM.
And Tell Brian, that I loved his T-Shirt! Finally somebody got it RIGHT! LOL! Maria.