Pages

7.27.2011

Gotta love nature

I've got a lot of white in my garden, and I never get tired of looking at it.

Hi!-biscus

Veronica - one of the rescued plants

Sadly, my beautiful wisteria will not be the original Chinese White I had (and lost), it will be a blue bloomer instead.  

The white wisteria was to be the focal point in the back bed, but you can't always get what you want, eh? I looked online for quite a while to find an ever-blooming white variety, and when I did finally find a vendor...they wanted eighty-plus dollars for it!

So, I have begun to add touches of deep purples to black variety blooms throughout the perennials to balance out the blue-ish wisteria blossoms to come. 

Next year I will be able to stand back and see how it all comes together, and then fill in those 'funny' spots as need be.

Of course, amongst the multitude of white there is color; predominantly pinks and yellows, but my beloved Green Envy echinacea and Limelight hydrangea are present throughout.  Next year I would love to add Green Envy zinnias and green pincushion flowers as well.

No comments: