Pages

1.05.2012

I miss -

Working on a regular basis.

A paycheck and benefits.

Short hair.

Spring, summer and fall.

My twenties (age-wise I mean, although paper money is also missed).

Jimmy Stewart, Katherine Hepburn, John Wayne, Audrey Hepburn, James Cagney. This part could take a while.

Good new films.

Big band music.

New tunes from Dean Martin and crooners like him - although he was tops.

Freddie Mercury.

Freddie Prinze - the comedian. (The original FP, not his whiny son.)

New episodes of Law and Order: CI (with Goren and Eames).

Thursday night TV.

TV without the "reality" crap. News (and life in general) is enough reality!

My misspent youth - when there was more than enough time in each day.

Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire.

Having a job to go to every day (yes, I am aware I repeated this one).

My grandfather, Grandpa Schaffer. <3

Being tougher.

Whatever I missed out on in my thirties.

Greece.

Playing volleyball four nights a week and tournaments on the weekends.

Gas at $1.30 per gallon.

Having a purpose in life.

Having a clue.

Having an oven.

The boys being small enough to sit on my lap and read to.

Full-sized pages of Sunday comics, with the insert page - 6 pages worth.

The chance at a fifty year relationship.

Not knowing that all men cheat.

Having faith in more things than I do now.

The boys believing in Santa Claus.

Being content.

No comments: