Pages

1.18.2012

Letting go

Why is it we have such a hard time letting go of things?

I won't go all philosophical on you right now, but it's odd that we have such a need to possess stuff.

For example: I sorted through a bunch of clothes that are still serviceable, and are intended for a Purple Heart pick-up today. I have had this bag stuffed and ready for almost two weeks, and when it came time to place the bag on the porch for the driver to see and stop for, I just couldn't help reaching back in and taking out two sweaters I was having a really hard time letting go of.

?

Now I am going to have to find a place to store them until I either realize they aren't going to fit whether I am larger or smaller, or; until I realize they just really don't look that good on (me). Pretty - YES, functional - NO.

The challenge is on and the clock is ticking.

The time limit is this coming fall.

Go!

No comments: