Pages

1.31.2012

Burnin' daylight

Six days since the last post (hm, really?), and less than twelve hours to February. Uh-huh, really.

I think January has passed so quickly (at least in my mind it has) because the month has been extremely forgiving in the weather department (for most of Michigan). If we'd had the horrible January snow storms and harsh low temps day after day that we are used to, it would have dragged and worn on us all. But the weather has been mild all the way 'round, and I have no complaints in this department.

I have also been pre-occupied with that beast of a quilting project I've been teasing you with, so time has flown by.

There are never enough hours in the day when you want and need them, are there?

Today is gloriously sunny, and the temperature is hovering in the low fifties. Yes...LOW 50s!!!! All that snow we had special delivered is melting like nobody's business.

With the beautiful sunshine I have been stitching, stitching, stitching, and have managed to finish out the red portion!!! There's a bit of orange to get through; then the matter of some amount of questionable work I am thinking of adding to a few large open areas (which could remain unquilted, but I really feel those areas need the quilting). Oh, I hate this sort of decision.

Tonight will find me beginning a new chapter in my search for permanent, full time work, but I will have to let you know more about that in a day or two...for now I must get back to my machine. John Wayne is sitting on my shoulder, whispering into my ear - "You're burnin' daylight, pilgrim."

No comments: