Pages

3.11.2012

It's just another day

So, I had it figured this way: Why set an alarm to get up when I know it will be (technically) earlier than usual, and cheat myself out of that extra hour, plus the daylight savings hour?

**sshhhh. the math works in my head....shoo!**

There's nothing pressing or alarming to rise and shine for...so sleep. As an oldie-but-a-goodie you owe it to yourself (and your heart) to get that sleep!

Dadgummit if Flop doesn't know how to read a clock! She sat at the foot of the bed. mewing her sweet little persistent meow, making certain I would not sleep in past fooding time - whether it was artificially (and governmental-ly) manufactured and mandated or not!Rats. [grumble]

The weather weenies have predicted and promised us temps in the sixties or better for the entire week ahead, making it necessary to greedily divide my time between being outdoors - to get a few pre-growing season tasks accomplished - and indoors studying for the return to class next week! Ah, yes.

One book sale over the last five-six weeks - very dismal.

On the bright side...I had a book sale! ;)

There's a blue jay excitedly flitting and flying through the branches of the old maple out front. His mechanical two-note shout is distinctive and welcome, and I am looking forward to the more 'melodic' robotic song to come. There are three jay siblings we have known for the past four years, and their antics in our yard and trees is always entertaining.

I can also see the newest member of our neighborhood in the tree - the nutsy, manic, frantic red squirrel who has been lately dashing and charging around the yard. Presently, he is shaking his tail at my blue jay, and I think trying to intimidate by feathered blue friend. The diminutive critter arrived last year and made his presence known among our usual grey squirrels and chipmunk community, but he has become quite troublesome and aggressive. While he is fun to watch, he is also a nuisance and a bit of a bully.

Hmmm...wonder if I should prepare a departure box big enough for the resident chipmunk and the little red squirrel?

No comments: