Pages

3.08.2012

Seriously, Reuters? That's the best you've got?

Seriously??

A fire broke out in an underground car park in the Place Vendome in Paris today. But, apparently, it wasn't newsworthy enough for a reporting photographer to walk a few blocks in an attempt to obtain more info....or at the very least, a better picture of the happenings.

Tisk, tisk.

I don't know which is more incredulous - Reuters for publishing seven (and only seven << that was sarcasm) of the SAME photo, or Yahoo for sharing such a grossly underwhelming fluff bomb.

Is the fire out? What sort of damages? Any injuries? Any lasting ill-effects to any of the lovely old buildings, etc?

My older brother absolutely loves Paris, and the e-headline had me curious about any damage to the historic section of the famed "City in Pink," so I clicked on the link thinking to read and view the information, then send it on to Aaron in case he hadn't yet caught wind of the event.

What a disappointment the photos were by Charles Platiau of the Reuters news service. Every. Single. Shot. consisted of a lazy photog's vantage point of the Column Vendome obscured in part - or in whole - by black smoke.

Hello? And I can't get work?? I would have at least burned some leather hot-footing as many blocks as it would have taken around in the opposite direction to get a different view of the heroic firefighters, or a glimpse of the scene un-obstructed by the prevailing wind.

"Massive fire breaks out in Paris" the headline screams, except there was absolutely no news attached to the Reuters story!

Un-freaking-believeable!

Poorly worded text accompanied the repetitive - and less than ordinary shots - of black smoke...and people taking photos of the black smoke.

I am non-plussed by you, Reuters. You suck smoke - thick, billowy smoke.

Pardon me while I head to MSN for a real news report of the Paris fire. I might learn something.

No comments: