Pages

6.23.2009

A bit o' good news

As you know, I have been totally out of commission for the last two months, missing out on two worthwhile projects because of Harvey (and the surgery to bid Harvey adieu).

Just after coming home from the hospital, I received a call from the art department folks of "Stone", and I was in! Waaahhhhh!!!!

I could barely sit up straight, let alone move anything...so I had to turn it down!

Aaaagh!! $*@#$!%&!!!

I could have worked on another major film - and this time with Edward Norton and Robert Deniro! Thank you, Connie, for throwing my name in their path. And, of course, the camera gig with the travelogue series began without me, but now they are in a stall mode for the time being. Yes, I know they said they still want me on board - and I am very pleased - but I still need to work until/before that takes off. So...

I am right back to square one, and there are a lot of square ones out here, believe me.

Which brings me to the good news.

I know, right!?

In an earlier June entry I mentioned that I sent out a pretty good bunch of covers and resumes one morning, and elicited a pretty quick response in one case. Well, that turned into the casting 3 day assignment; then came the offer to (the query about) remain(-ing) with the production beyond pre-prod as a PA. Yea! That bright spot would be accompanied a pay bump, so even yea-er!!

Since my last entry about this new job, I have been contacted by the producer and the project director to ask if I would like to move into an office position for the run of the production (this because of the meager amount of corporate info I provided on my production resume). Since I seemed a great fit for a newly available position, I was offered this spot.

Even yea-er still! This newest gem provided a better pay rate, with the remaining caveate of finding a place to bunk.

Of course with this tightly budgeted production, the low point of finding and paying for my own place to stay was the drawback (but there are always pluses and minuses with this sort of work).

Every production varies widely (and wildly) in how they work as far as hiring, pay (or not) and amenities provided, etc, etc. But, I am resourceful and have scrounged a place to stay for the first (nearly) two weeks. If anyone has a friend or relative in the immediate Camp Grayling military post area, and would allow me to sleep, bath and roost for the time frame from July 17th through the 11th of August, I could manage to pay a small stipend for the trouble and insanity. Please have them respond to me here with a comment, or contact me through FaceBook (bethisnutz). THANKS!

OK, so now you know the good news (at least, the latest news). The time frame for getting ready to hit the road is tighter than a pair of jeans fresh outta the wash. Couple that with 'Grandma duty' just prior to departure, and ho boy!

Keep your fingers crossed and those good thoughts heading skyward, I can use the good vibes.

Love to all, and happy trails!

No comments: