Pages

6.30.2009

Well, June, ol' buddy, ol' pal...one more for the road

This is my swan song for you, June, one last post to "play us out."

Can you believe this marks the first half of the year gone?

Blammo! Oh, and less than 6 months to Christmas already, can you handle that thought? All I can think about is how I have let the kids down for their birthdays and Christmas over the last two years. And, as I look ahead, I am nowhere definitively closer to making things any better. To compound and complicate things, my mom is now helping me out with the hospital bill (on top of the monthly assistance she has been graciously providing over the last year).

Yes, I know I have this temporary production beginning, but six weeks is not going to keep my head above water. It may allow me to tread water a little longer, perhaps doggy paddle a few more yards, but I need to have someplace to go on a regular basis...day in and day out. A grown-up place with medical benefits and paid sick days. Of course, those glorious paid vacation days wouldn't hurt - but I am not going to be greedy (although I did have it pretty doggone good for a while, there, and I know it).

Thank you, Lord.

Anyhow, I didn't stop by to lament over spilt milk, I simply wanted to bid a fond farewell to lovely, lilting, rain-soaked June. I didn't want it to squish out the door unnoticed and under-appreciated.

We'll see you next year, June-iffer...it's only a brief 12 months away!

No comments: