Pages

6.02.2009

Today is beautiful

It started off calm and cool, and sunny, sunny, sunny, although it looks as though we had sprinkles overnight.

As I was sitting in the library going through my email, looking for work and performing some general internet perusing, it became suddenly breezy. On the whole a breeze doesn't bother me, but it was noticeably cooler than it needed to be, and because I had opened windows all around the house for the fresh air, it affected the thermostat and turned the heat on!

Now that's a cool breeze!

So, for the time being, I have turned off the furnace and closed the windows (most of them) until the air temperature warms up enough to allow for that lil' spring breeze to rifle through the house.

Ah, springtime in MI...snows when it's 50*F, rains when it's sunny and wrecks anything crunchy with its humidity. :^)

My "to-do" list is relatively long as I am still trying to talk down the additional bills from the emergency surgery, Good heavens, did you know that everybody gets paid twice?!? Sure - the radiologist is asking for money outside of the hospital bill. As is the anesthesiologist, the tech who took the x-rays, the doctor who assisted the surgeon, the CT tech, and the ER doc who saw me from 6pm on Thursday until he left somewhere early the next day. There are more, but why should you suffer an anxiety attack? Are you telling me that these folks don't get an hourly wage from the hospital for being there from 7am to 7pm (or, whatever their shift is)? What if nobody comes through the doors during their shift? Are you telling me that they work for free?

Yeah, I don't think so. [sgnort!]

I am going to open the window in here again. I need that stiff breeze to keep me from crying.

As Fred Rogers was fond of saying: "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."

No comments: