Pages

6.14.2009

Ho-hum

Spent the last couple of days cleaning various closets and nooks, rearranging a kitchen "pantry" closet (tiny little thing) and one cupboard, while putting away the booty from our recent grocery shopping mission. And it never seems to stop, does it?

Karl has had to be pushed and pulled into finishing the project for class, which is due at 6pm sharp. Because his understanding and current skillset in Photoshop exceeds where the instructor is currently taking the class, he is bored out of his mind, so getting him to complete (OK, let's be real...getting him to sit and START the assignment) was a freakin' chore.

Compound the whole mess with the CS4 we have at home v. the CS3 at school, and you have something akin to a Stephen King novel nightmare. There are enough little differences between them to make it a bit of a pain, and despite our incredibly mammoth editing suite, the CS4 has glitches that make using the tool a hassle. Something is gorped with the functionality/response time (which just frustrated and distracted Karl to no end), so I can imagine a long phone call with a help desk rep in my future.

I have the same jerky issues while using Premiere Pro, so it may be something with the monster, too. It may solely be the monster and not the software, or it could be a combo...either way, I do not relish the idea of having to take the damn thing to Troy for a look-see.

Still working on gathering the paperwork to satisfy the MI Works/No Worker Left Behind program requirements. What a crock! My meeting date has moved from the end of September to the end of July, which I am taking as a good sign. I figure if I get it together quickly, I may be ready when they call one day soon to tell me it's been moved again to the end of June. Wouldn't that be groovy?!

C'mon, cosmic stars...align!

Until then, though, I will cut out dresses and tops to make and wear for the summer of fat, work on my gift for Gram's 98th birthday, continue to send out resumes and please-hire-me-cover letters, shepherd Karl to and from class, edit together new demos and pray for a call from a hiring manager.

All I really want to do right now is weed the garden.

No comments: