Pages

6.20.2009

Stupid on-line 'gathering' sites

I hate to even name them, but you know what I mean (Facebook, MySpace...). What an infinite waste of time, and so many people seem to spend endless hours out there - and a lot of what it is they enter is obscene or poorly written...or, even meaningless.

It's got to be a generational thing - boy does that statement make me feel older than I am.

This must be why I don't garner a whole lot of responses. [smirk]

S'ok, though, I am not that (type of) needy. Thank you, God. ;^)

I like the content of what it is I contribute to be uplifting (or not), intelligent, gramatically correct, inclusive of punctuation and lacking typo's, and it just seems as though the plethora of younger folks typing out there just want to pound on the keyboard and enter some garbage, simply to raise some eyebrows or get some sort of knee-jerk reaction. For some more 'seasoned' people with something to say, something on their minds or something meaningful to share with family and friends, the use of these sorts of forums has changed a little.

I would like to say they have evolved, but that wouldn't really be the case.

The main crux of them all (the sites, that is) seems to be to collect as many "friends" on your list as possible (oh, and to give out your information and contact info or that of your friends and family, via 'tests' and challenges). You don't even have to know people to add them - or to have them add your name to their list!

A small number of folks have somewhat useful/informational profiles and communications on their pages (BRAVA!), but SO MANY more (I would say roughly 92%) are just tripe and pandering.

So, look at me, everybody! Woohoo! Watch me! But not because I am on Facepageblogoshererificworld with 647 followers. Read this because you know me and have an interest in my life, and in my sons, my extended family, and because you want to know how I am impacting the world - and how it is impacting me. Or, simply because you just want to say "hi".

Peace out, Holmes (or is it "home"?).

Word.

No comments: