Pages

6.06.2009

"FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!" -- Sir Wm. Wallace

Soooo many things to do, and so little time...and even smaller personal physical freedom to get 100% involved in my life and favorite pastimes. Like the gardening, just as one example. Due to the whole "recovery process," I am still being admonished about not bending at the waist, not applying pressure or stress to the abdominal area, and certainly not exercising it.

Well, when can I get more involved in my own life, and when can I start getting the ab area back into shape?

Hello!

This is all beginning to feel very counterproductive.

A major grocery expedition still needs doing, and all I get from the boys is guff and noise and excuses, compounded by stalling tactics. I remind them that they eat the groceries, they use the cleaning products and toilet paper, etc. Sometimes that seems to make a dent in their psyches. Sometimes.

I gave the boys a chore to do. Yes, and to compound the problem, I asked them to accomplish the task together. The inside of my car still looks like a teenagers floor! Ugh! And now, silly me, I need another set of cleaning tasks accomplished (quick, but dirty and very necessary - more moving items rather than cleaning, really), and even just asking this morning in anticipation of the coming disgruntled response, I was shocked at the new strategy employed.

The first to come was a definite pause and a stern head tilt and squint, followed by the verbal response: "Uh, when? I have to work. Can I do it when I get home tonight?"

Silly boy...you only work until 4pm, so no worries, and I need it completed before tomorrow at 1pm. So you see, plenty of time.

His next maneuver will be to remain gone long after his ending time, and well past mall closing time. I am on to his games.

This is why I want my freedom back. This is why I need my freedom...or at the very least, obedient unquestioning slaves.

No comments: