Pages

6.13.2009

A little something for Maria and Gram

Maria shared her beautiful tulips with me via her blog, and I saw my own from afar after the surgery. Here, I am simply returning the favor. I hope you like these pictures.
The rain has knocked the life out of some of my lovely poppies - as it always does the minute they bloom - but I thought you might like to see the minor successes in my sad, untended garden. These photos are from the front flowerbed, I managed to sneak out there for a few moments on one sunny afternoon, in between recent thunderstorms.

Peonies and poppies are pretty well independent and self-sustaining once they get going; a little staking is all that's needed. Next year I will have to re-do the supports for these neighboring specimens.

I have been watching these lovely creatures all spring from the library window, waiting for the moment when the flower heads burst from their bulging pods.
Even the bees can't resist them.

Peonies are lovely things, with a beautifully delicate fragrance. After the rush of Hyacinth scent vanishes, these short-lived blossoms are a blessing.

Works of art, I tell ya.

Now you see why I have been bemoaning the fact that I haven't been able to work in the flowerbeds as much as I would like.

To anyone peeking in over Gram's and Maria's shoulders....welcome! If you copy these photos (you bunch of stinkers), please give credit where credit is due. Thank you.

No comments: