Pages

3.15.2010

I have reconsidered

I now think I will do a simple (yes, "simple") Ocean Waves pattern for the baby quilt.

I already have so much time into the block planning and schematics, but I think the overall effect (with the color scheme) will be a lot more effective/attractive with an overall pattern instead of the sample quilt I was planning.

I can still use the strips I cut today for the pieces, I just need to come up with a size for the blocks. Not too small, but definitely not on the larger side, either. It is a baby quilt after all, and Ocean Wave quilts are a LOT of piecing, and if made too large, it can look totally wrong and awkward.

I cut out one set of sample pieces for the first of 18 pieced blocks (for the sampler quilt), and just decided the hassle of making another seventeen was going to drive me loony. Tomorrow, I will upload photos of the material/color selection and of the first block - the one that started the whole reconsideration process.

So, until the then, have a great night and enjoy this fabulous sleeping weather.

No comments: