Pages

3.20.2010

Spring has sprung

The long, pre-spring warm snap ended today - oddly enough on the first day of spring. Mother Nature is one odd duck, don't ya know. But that's alright, we are still head and shoulders in much better condition than much of the United States, and have been for a good many of the last several months.

Not a bad winter, and it ended early, so who could complain? I mean really...who?

You! In the back row [smart Alec]...put your hand down! There will be no complaining about the weather. Jeez. Seriously?!?

I intended to work out in the garage today, but opted to stay indoors and put some time in on the baby quilt instead...all the while thinking of the garage and next steps to take. I would like to be able to use it for parking, for storage, for...well, something more than an obstacle course, and I made a pretty good scratch in the surface while looking for the punch bowl and while finding tools to begin Karl's bedroom work, but it has been a couple of weeks since all of that, and I have yet to get back out there to put more cleaning time in. I would love to keep gaining ground in the garage, hopefully clear a bunch of floor space and get things moved or tossed out by summer, but I don't know when it's going to happen.

Maybe if I commit a few hours each day to that chore, a few hours outdoors to clean out the flowerbeds (a little at a time), and spend the evening hours happily quilting, maybe I would shake this guilty feeling of not doing enough of the right stuff every day.

I don't know which would be better - starting and ending ONE task before moving on to a whole other thing that needs doing, or continue on the way that I have been; tackling a few things a little at a time so I can get through a day without feeling as though I accomplished nothing whatsoever.

I am stymied. Seriously perplexed.

And all of this has nothing to do with spring cleaning, really. I have been semi-power-cleaning for months, now, you just can't tell without a score card [and before and after photos].

If anyone has any good ideas they can throw my way, I would be grateful to read them. What would you do? How would you handle a long to-do list where everything seems equally important to get done? If you've been reading, you know this is not the first time I have aired this personal dilemma.

No comments: