Pages

3.25.2010

Yup, I did it again

I am just getting back inside from the garage. Yes, I spent nearly the ENTIRE doggone day out there, except for the early morning hours. I did take a short break in the mid-afternoon to grab something to eat and wait for Brian to return home with more 2" screws to finish putting up the shelves, but I got right back to it again.

I became engrossed with the whole cleaning process too, and managed to boot some more junk to the curb and move stuff around. Even moved a large, heavy shelving unit from the NW (front) corner of the garage to the back (SE) corner (with help from Brian). That was some mean feat, let me tell you. There wasn't much room to manuever, but we did it!

I hooked up a spare stereo and mounted it high up on the wall, so I can now listen to tunes whether I am on the patio, in the front or rear flowerbeds, on the deck or in the backyard pruning the privet hedge - so I am set to make the most out of being outside this spring/summer/fall.

I still have a long way to go before we can even think about pulling a car into the garage, but I am excited to have progress and to be able to see some changes! Wahoo!

Sadly, I will not be able to touch it again until next week, but by then it will [hopefully] be warmer, which will make the work go faster.

Safe to say, I believe I will be sleeping quite well tonight. Tomorrow I will spend some time packing and finishing needful things before my LOA begins this weekend. I want to make certain I have everything I need for working on the quilt, so that I can have the top completed by the time I return. Next week I will be able to stretch and pin baste it, and then begin the quilting!

Change is good (for the most part).

No comments: