Pages

3.21.2010

March divided by 7 days/wk = the 21st

Please remember, all quilt blogging and photos now posting at: www.truenorthquilter.blogspot.com

In other words, it's 3/21. I just thought it was a mathematically neat coincidence when I saw the date, that's all.

Oh, and yes, I've been working on the baby quilt, and I've managed to add new materials to the fray. Crazy, I know, especially given the palette I began with...but I can now say - without fear of reprisal or noisy guffaws - it is a good thing I have a decently sized collection of material to work with at my fingertips. I haven't had to go back to the store yet to buy something "just right" to fill in a hole (although, I wish I had more taupe colored yardage to choose from).

Ah well. [heavy sigh]

On the brighter side: it looks as though the pieced squares may be larger (when finished) than I thought, in comparison to the overall Ocean Waves pattern, so I may not have to make as many pieced blocks as I thought I would in order to complete the top. This could be a good thing, or I could be regretting the scale of my cut work in a short while.

It was suggested that I make a twin size quilt instead of a baby quilt, but I am not sold on that idea, as it would require more quilting overall to finish it, and I am on a tight time table. I do know that over time it would mean the quilt would see more use if it were larger, but I am going to have to get closer to having the thing pieced (as is) before I make up my mind one way or the other.

Here's a photo of the work so far, not too bad (if I do say so myself). ;^)

1 comment:

Jwilson said...

looks great!! and I totally vote for crib size. Easy to store for a lifetime. One of my prized possessions is my crib quilt made for me by my Aunt.