Pages

3.30.2010

We've come to the end of the daylight hours for Tuesday

Well...nearly.

I spent a good portion of the day doing the things for Gram that needed doing, and alternating those with work on the quilt. I have gotten as far with it here as I can...I need some of the more muslin pieces to finish the last 3 open half-squares (I originally planned to use some really pretty light print, just to add a little zing in three areas, but changed my mind after the assembling began), and I am having a tough time with color choices for the last two open elongated hexes.

If I hadn't been so quick in the beginning to sew the blocks together (into rows) I maybe could have rearranged the constructed squares to my liking (100%) and not been laboring over the color placement now. With 85% of the blocks already assembled into rows, I can do nothing about major changes now. [Sigh]

At any rate, the daylight has gone, and pinning and stitching are done for the day, and since tomorrow I return home, I decided to put away the machine, my work table, the ironing board, etc., and spend any extra time writing. No sense in getting involved with stitching when I won't have time enough to finish (and without the necessary materials, I am at loose ends anyhow).

I have a significant amount of leftover cut pieces that I have decided I will turn into a pinwheel border. Once I stitch them together in 2-sets, I will then press them open and cut each new square in half across the bias. The only pattern I will follow for chain-stitch-assembling these small blocks will be to have a dark and a light fabric, in order to keep the pinwheel construction a breeze.

I wish I could post a photo or two to show you where I am with the whole thing, but I have exhausted all of my card readers and thumb drives I have trying to upload on this Mac, with no success. So you will just have to wait another day or two before seeing progress. I think you will be quite pleased with the results when you see them.

Have a great evening, and try to get outside tomorrow to enjoy the sunshine and warming temps! After all, there is a whole new set of daylight hours headed our way in less than ten hours!!

No comments: