Pages

11.07.2010

Back to the grindstone

In all honesty, it was just way too cold to keep going back out to the garage yesterday, so I bagged that activity early in the afternoon. However, I did get a bunch of squares cut for the quilt I am working on (I know, I know...."why didn't you paint the walls instead?"). Well, :^P to you! ;)

The weatherweenies are predicting a warmer day today, with a trend of warming throughout the entire week, so I have ample enough time to get my sorting done - and in relative comfort, so there. After this craft show is over I can re-focus and re-channel my efforts back into the kitchen and the quilting, where they belong (that, and job searching - my three major 'food groups' of late). Although, the job searching is neverending; I am forever combing, sifting, sending cover letters and resumes or my credit sheet somewhere.

For now...today, I am heading back out to the mountain of books, trying to make the best selection of stock to take with me to Flint for that sale.

No matter what, though, there are going to be glaring holes in what it is I have to offer, and that means lost potential sales. Choosing one title over another is not how I like to do it, but with limited space, limited time to set up, the possibility of making no sales in this economy, the prospect of moving a giant amount of reading material 40 miles north - only to have to repack it and schlepp it all back home again is crazy.

Please, Lord, let [these] people buy the books and toys. My faith is stronger than my doubts...but I am still afraid. Make me strong and confident, and bring out those people who are going to help clear my tables. I know this was Your plan and the reason You had this sale brought to my attention. Thank You for the opportunity and success You have laid out ahead of me. Amen.

Where's that grindstone?

No comments: