Pages

11.27.2010

The strangest thing just happened

I was sitting in the living room, working on the script breakdown and notes, when up roared a garbage truck.

Not a big whoop ordinarily, but due to the holiday everybody's pick-up is pushed back one day - so here we are with garbage trucks rushing through the neighborhoods early on a Saturday.

At any rate, up roared the truck, and I looked down at the door to see something I had intended to add to the pile to be taken away.

Darn!

I jumped up and headed to the door to yell out to them, but when I looked, there was the refuse man swinging my two bags into his truck and hopping onto the bumper for the bumpy ride down the street....and it wasn't even my trash hauling company! ? ! ?

I am now imagining them driving back to my driveway after sundown and gingerly extricating two fairly well-shredded bags, leaving them on their marks from where they were first plucked, and tearing off down the street before anyone is the wiser.

No comments: