Pages

11.22.2010

Well, that's over

I am officially awake, and almost refreshed.

There are a bazillion things to accomplish today...this week...in the next three days.

Yeah, I know "the next three days" is a portion of this week, but they are the critical three, so they get a special mention.

Yesterday was a strange mix of complete contrasts. It began with cold temps (but not as bone-chilling as the two days/nights before...thank you, Lord), overcast skies - which broke for brighter lighting conditions three times (inconvenient and ill-timed for continuity purposes), and became completely temperate (for late November), climbing to 60*F by the time we wrapped at midnight...or thereafter.

I know!!!! Sixty freaking degrees! What the &%$#@!?? Why could we not have had that three days ago? (Really, inside, I'm smiling and shaking my head at the irony.)

We also started the day in a dump. I'm sorry, make that a 'recycling facility.' Some people would call it a scrap or salvage yard, because they do something with the metal to make money, and the metal doesn't rot or decay like garbage per se', but it was a dumping ground. Fine line.

Poh-TAY-toh / po-TAH-to.

So, anyway, back to the comparison. Here we are, in this dump for hours (HOURS...again!), then we pull up stakes and hi-tail it to the northern reaches of Bloomfield Hills, where people with money build impossibly grand homes for no good reason. I mean, really....???? Two spiral staircases (one of them marble and guilded metal), three ballrooms and an illuminated onyx bathroom floor? Not to mention the dozen bathrooms (or more - I lost count), the smoking room on the third floor, an elevator, a walkway over a moat to the main front door...and a secondary front door (yes, there were two front doors), and on and on. There's more, but I am not trying to sell the place (but it is for sale).

Quite a contrast to say the least.

The two things I must concentrate on now, are getting the continuity notes transcribed and turned in by Wednesday, and fixing our bathroom plumbing situation. The drain problem comes first, so I am leaving the keyboard now to become a DIY plumber. More about the production in another post, and yes, there are some photos to share, but let me get my drain fixed so we can take decadent showers without all the wading in my non-illuminated bathroom.

No comments: