Pages

11.12.2010

More news

"It never rains...but it pours."

Whenever I hear that phrase I can never help but think of that little girl figure drawn on the Morton's Salt container. You know the one; she's walking in the rain, carrying an umbrella and holding an inverted (and open) box of salt under her arm, which is pouring on the ground as she walks.

I put out several interest letters and credit pages (a production version of a resume) over the last week, but there isn't much going on, so pickings are slim. On Sunday/Monday I sent out three in particular, which oddly garnered me two swift response calls! Yeah, I know!

It never rains, but it pours!

Sadly, I can't accept either of them because they are two day gigs that fall over this weekend...and if you will remember, I have that craft show/sale all day Saturday. Since I paid for the space, I would lose out on the cash and all of the work I put into getting ready.

YES, I know it is production work, and it would put something more on my credits, but the pay is either nil or exactly what I paid for the spot at the sale, but I stand to make more at the sale....and quite frankly, it all comes down to the 'scratch' at this point in time.

Yes, I would have loved to be on set, and working, plying my trade and out in the fresh air booming and getting more face time with a crew, but I have to make choices - and this one was a toughy, but a no-brainer. Besides, I do have a three day gig next weekend on a thesis film, so it isn't all bad.

As for Brian's car - it was towed to the mechanic late yesterday afternoon, and we have yet to hear what the diagnosis is. Will keep you updated.

More later. Tomorrow is a big day, and I need to get ready to move it all out of here. Plus, it's garbage day, and I have boys to wrangle into duty. :)

No comments: