Pages

11.01.2010

Two months 'til the end

2010 is quickly coming to a close, and even though I had my eyes open for the entire thing, it hardly seems possible we are now in November!

Can I get an "amen" from the choir?

November!! It's November. Yikes!

Karl is doing well in his classes, and Brian is successfully getting through his Comp class (to hear his answers to my questions), so I am relaxing a bit. Thursday afternoon he will have an interview in Auburn Hills for seasonal work (i.e. holiday shopping period) at an art supply house, so I will be saying a prayer that it goes well. I had to "urge" him to go online and apply (a lot) because their overhead announcement said they were hiring, and when I asked the check out person about the process she said they might not have that many positions open (if any), so the application work had to be done immediately!

Let's hear it for nagging, er....I meant "urging."

I am still looking daily for work on top of keeping Karl moving forward (more "urging"). Trying to get the kitchen to a place where the carpenter can come in and do next steps. Cleaning out the garage...oh, and now I have added a craft show to the fray. On top of all that, I am currently trying to complete a quilt for a competition which closes mid-December - first prize is $2500.

Now you understand the fact that it is November already is such a 'gulp' realization for me.

It's funny, but this year has seemed to be such a race to the finish in almost all aspects. Nearly every single month everything has always seemed so rushed - and not just for me personally. I am in no hurry to see 2010 evaporate, but here we are, standing on the ledge looking down at 2011, and everyone is yelling "jump"!

Well, I have two more months before I have to switch calendars, and no one is going to make me live it in fast forward.

No comments: