Pages

1.03.2011

Curiosity

I am amazed with how we (humans) can communicate so easily with friends, loved ones, strangers, etc., all around the globe...in seconds.

In the blink of an eye a video can become "viral." Conversations, actor's rants, accidents, exchanges of happiness, 'flash' dances - joyous and exuberant, and even acts of terrorism and bullying, posted between friends and family members, become instant entertainment for the masses. Everything is open for everyone - there is very little privacy any more.

The advent of the internet and nearly instantaneous transmission and retrieval of information is a boon in many ways: at a business level; for medical concerns; as it pertains to national security, and on and on. Instant gratification....just add a UI and a search engine and you have it made. Presto!

Military personnel stationed thousands of miles from home can see their child's first steps or hear their first word, even if they can't be home. That seems just a little too bittersweet to me, but it is a blessing as much as it is a curse, I suppose.

So, I can't help but wonder, how it is that some of you have come to read my blog from some of your locations. Certainly, I know nobody in France, or Malaysia. I've no connection to China, the Koreas, Croatia or Spain, yet there you are...reading my words or glancing at my photos from time to time. How is it that you found me in the Ukraine?

It seems odd to me that someone can reference "kitchen remodeling" in an internet search in Russia, and my blog would somehow manage to appear in the results simply because I mentioned my own kitchen project six months ago. Very cool, but very weird.

Maybe some day in the near future you wouldn't mind dropping me a line and saying "hello." Perhaps tell me a little about yourself or your projects...your job...your every day life (lives). It can't be all that different from mine - but if it is, I would love to learn more about our ever-shrinking world.

Have a great day!

No comments: