Pages

1.15.2011

What a week

There were appointments a-plenty, meetings up the hoo-ha, bills to pay, emergencies to manage and things to get done. Conversations about jobs, visits with friends, shopping and time spent with my sons. There was even some time spent on the road delivering people to college dorms. Blitzkrieg-cleaning and scheming and laundry, and the arrival (finally) of the software and the last bit of hardware for Karl to be able to animate/illustrate here at home. Yea!

Oh, and sadly, the realization that I have managed to put back all of the pounds that I whittled away over the last year. It begins again. [heavy sigh]

And the good news....[we] get to do it all again beginning Monday!

Also with the new week, I will begin to sell - online - the stock remaining from the children's bookshop I once owned and operated. Hopefully I will begin that enterprise (with help from Jean) tomorrow.

For the better part of the last two weeks or so I have been pulling in titles from storage and pairing books with corresponding themes and/or age ranges to make assortments for folks to purchase, instead of just one book at a time. Books about colors, numbers, the alphabet, science, summer activities, dogs and cats, feelings, etc., will be paired and sold in bundles, perhaps enabling me to sell more in a shorter amount of time. Hopefully it will also eliminate a good portion of the leftover stock and put some badly needed cash into the coffers.

The cleaning and planning will continue. I find a lot of satisfaction and relief in paring down and clearing corners and shelves. The thought of entering another 'age decade' this spring has given me a new sense of purpose in attacking ghosts and shadows (and accumulating piles) and sweeping them out of my life. Focusing on the necessary and the here-and-now means having to 'make room,' and what better way to do that than to let go of those things that are weighing me down and holding me back. The stuff that is taking up space physically and emotionally needs to go away. Far, far away.

What a revelation.

What a week.

No comments: