Pages

1.09.2011

If I were fishing, this would have been a 'nibble'

A strange, poorly written, fairly confusing "Hey, we'd like to speak with you regarding a position" note showed up in my inbox a day or two ago, and of course it was a last minute invite to join a "local crew" for beers and bowling to get to know one another.

What was confusing was that this person had also mentioned that the first of the auditions was to be held over the weekend and that the "meeting" was to be Monday. A casting super is usually in attendance during auditions. Well, here, let me show you:

"J*** **I is doing its first auditions this weekend in [local town], and a development crew meeting is supposed to happen the following Monday - for some bowling and beers. I would happily have you come out if you are interested in hanging with a gang of locals to see what we can do for you as a potential CAST SUPER for the project, and am looking at doing the bowling meeting at something like 2pm. If you feel you can attend, just message me back.

M"

I responded with "sure, I would like the opportunity to meet and hear about the project and get to know folks, and learn of my role. Please send the location and time and I will see you there."

Haven't heard a word since.

Typical. Sad but typical.

But, hey....when fishing, a nibble is a nibble.

No comments: