Pages

1.23.2011

Hitting the skids

For whatever reason I am feeling downright blue, and it began a couple of days ago. Everything wrong with life in general is stacking up and weighing heavily.

I am saddened by not getting responses to email and follow-up phone calls. Disappointed by broken promises of prospective/interested production managers. Disheartened to be thrown onto rocky shoals after being buoyed by good news and thoughts of work coming my way.

It all leaves me feeling unmotivated and sullen.

Add to that other abuses by profiteers who have taken money for services paid for and never rendered.

I look around my house and see things falling apart or jobs that are incomplete...things that I paid others to do years ago, that are now beginning to worry me. Cracks in the corners of two adjoining walls (some repeat cracks and others which are new). New floorboards that are developing wider than normal gaps between, and after I sanded and finished them so beautifully. Popping/pealing drywall tape here and there; and the counter - along the outside wall in the kitchen - that seems to be pulling away from the wall (or, is the wall pulling away from the rest of the house?).

Adding insult to injury, it's very apparent in these extended frigid temperatures the kitchen is most certainly lacking the insulation that was supposed to have been blown into the back wall and into the wall which separates the garage and kitchen! I paid for it, and the robber barons charged as though they used all those sacks for the square footage calculated, but the temperature differences in that area are unforgivably different.

I am tired and sad, broke and defeated, horribly inconsolable and woefully unemployed.

Maybe blue isn't the right color.

No comments: