Pages

8.16.2011

Afraid of finishing what I've started

Is this a common fear?  Is there a phobia name for being afraid to finish what's been started?

Because, if there is, then I have it.

Although, I am not so certain it is a 'fear' necessarily that is keeping me from completing my tasks/projects/assignments - but I don't know what the proper word or phrase would be for the work habit  plaguing me.

For example:
My perennial flowerbed is literally 'just outside my back door.'  Why do I not just pull on my boots, as I did for all of those spring and early summer weeks, and finish up the last few remaining yards?  I need to bring up the soil level and get the last of the plants in; pull a good amount of grass and weeds, but that's a snap.

I mean - for crying out loud - I managed to eradicate far more out of E&K's weedy backyard than I have remaining in my own perennial bed...so why don't I just get out there and do it?  And then, weeds have overtaken the front bed, again. 

Where am I? 

And the hedges....I began (happily) to trim them out and start the shaping process months ago!!

The gardening isn't my only area with issues.  Sewing projects also sit in various unfinished states.  Of course, I can clearly understand my trouble with many of those projects.  When I got to a place where I could slip the object on (and discovered it wouldn't fit), I put it aside and began something else.

I know!

Somebody please tell me - why can't I seem to fini.......

No comments: