Pages

8.05.2011

Yes, Mary, I need to take my own advice

I must begin.

I am bravely facing the situation I know will not end well.

My registration marks for "The Boys" is way off.  WAY OFF!  So much so that I am thinking of using your stippling trick to fix the gap at Karl's finger to Brian's nose.  Only one of the prints actually made it out looking right (as far as the registration), but then that print has bubbles/build up on the precious little finger, so it is far from good.

Grr!

Yes.  I tried to step back in to screen printing with far too ambitious a project, with far too little time to create proper stencils, and too much detail for a little project.  Perhaps if I return to my larger scale....

Yes - this would have been better all the way 'round as a larger print.

I still need to keep in mind the layers, and remember which needs to be cut a little larger to allow for matching and bleed over.  No exact cuts unless it is the/a top layer!!!

For now, I will be happy with two or three completed prints that look good enough to give as gifts.

[heavy sigh]

No comments: