Pages

8.09.2011

The smell of jasmine and saffron rice cooking

Is there anything else quite so elegant and so tantalizing?  It's like carmel corn and some other unearthly bit of deliciousness wafting in the air.

I've got some excellent rib eye meat cut into thin strips and marinating in a semi-Asian marinade. 

At the ready stand my ever-present friends - chunks of red pepper and thick slices of onions.  Karl and I settled on baby ears of corn and spinach to round out the festivities in the pan...but now the question is:  Should we invite some mushrooms?

Hmmm.

Spices are on the counter nearest the stove, and the rice is half the way done.  My pan is standing by, waiting to go into sizzling action, and both of us (the kid and I) are drooling over what is to be dinner.......very, very soon.

Oh, maybe some pineapple chunks to act as a side dish!

By the by...it was a 'no' on the mushrooms.  "Maybe another time."  Sorry, fungi.

;)

No comments: